23 Jul The Top 5 Reasons For Disability
Good news, we’re all living longer, but the bad news is we are exposed to a greater likelihood of becoming disabled. Of course, becoming disabled is not really what anyone wants to think about or even discuss.
Typically, mentioning the word disability evokes visions of a wheelchair. However, that is not necessarily the case as the leading causes of becoming disabled involve musculoskeletal/connective tissue disorders.
The facts and statistics show that about one of seven people from ages 35 to 65 will be disabled for five years or longer.
Disability insurance doesn’t have to be so daunting to think about. Instead think of it as, “income replacement” in the event that you can’t go back to work for a significant amount of time.
Here are the Top Five Reasons WB feels “income replacement insurance” is important…
- You and your family enjoy eating dinner each night and would like to continue to do so, even if you are out of work.
- Recovering from surgery is difficult enough without wondering if you can pay the mortgage
- Simple: Without an income, you don’t pay your bills and you can lose everything
- Income when you’re disabled and you don’t have disability insurance is zero
- It’s your life, make sure you can live it, love it and enjoy it – with money – no matter what the circumstances.
Workplace Benefits is expanding more into the individual and group disability market, so if you feel like this is important to you, please let us know.